Suggestions for nominations for Officers and Elected Directors are welcome and may be sent to the Nominating Committee Chair by any voting member by February 15, 2019. Nominees must be LWV ODC members in good standing. The slate of officers prepared by the Nominating Committee and approved by the Board of Directors will be presented to and voted on by the membership at the Annual Meeting in May. The following positions will be on the slate:
- Officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer. One-year terms, may be re-elected, no term limit.
- Two Directors: Two Directors shall be elected at each Annual Meeting (elected directors) and shall serve for a term of two years or until their successors have been elected.
- Nominating Committee Chair: Elected to serve in 2019-2020.
Please email suggestions to Brenda Rogers, Nominating Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Alternatively, you may text your suggestions to 919-608-7384, or call Brenda at 919-968-0833 to discuss possible nominations.
Please refer to the bylaws for a description of duties and the non-partisan policy below.
We encourage members who are interested in serving to contact Brenda, members of the current board, or members of the Nominating Committee for more information.
Members of the Nominating Committee are:
Nominating Committee Chair, Brenda Rogers
Nita Dukes (Chatham)
Tara Fikes (Durham and Board member)
Yvonne Schmidt (Orange)
LWVODC sound system and microphone, LWV banner, LWV signs. Contact Board member Amy Jeroloman at email@example.com
if you need these materials for your League meeting.
1. Publicity/Media Process and Contacts, updated April 2018; docx file
2018 Membership Handbook
1. 2018 Membership Handbook (pdf file)
2. 2018 Membership Handbook (rtf file)
1. Impact on Issues, 2016-18
2. LWV Transformation Roadmap
3. LWVEF Observing Your Government
4. League of Women Voters Education Fund Clearinghouse contains studies and research conducted by League members. Visitors may download and print the documents. League members may submit documents for this site
Voter Service Information
1. LWVODC Candidates Forum Agreement: Rules and Format, updated Sept. 2013
2. Candidates Forum Sample Materials:
- Invitation letter to candidate
- Follow up letter to candidate
3. Voter Registration Training Slideshow
- Instructions on official League Logos. If you want to use the logos below, just copy and paste into your document.
LWVODC Logo bw
The LWV Logo must be no less than 1/4 in height.
This logo must be no less than 1/4 in height.
Please check the LWVODC calendar
for Voter Registration and Education events planned for 2018.