Greensboro Marriott Downtown
304 North Greene Street, Greensboro, NC 27401
Special League Rate: $149/night
RESERVE ROOMS BY APRIL 14 TO RECEIVE LWVNC RATES
CONVENTION REGISTRATION COSTS:
$130 Full Registration for League Members
$150 Full Registration cost for Non Members
$60 Registration for Banquet/Reception Only
- Registration beginning at 1pm in the hotel lobby
- Workshops beginning at 2pm
- Dine Around to favorite Greensboro restaurants
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY EVENTS:
- Speakers on timely NC issues (announced soon)
- Networking lunch
- Reception and banquet
- Important League business sessions
- Lots of LWVNC updates
Join us for this annual opportunity to come together from across the state, networking with League members and leaders from the mountains to the coast.
Help spread the word about convention using social media. Look for posts on Twitter and Facebook. Click below to interact with our Facebook Event. Let friends know you're "interested" or "going." Then click "share" and "invite friends" to help other League members and supporters discover the event. Feel free to add comments and questions in the "discussion" section of the event. Thanks for your help creating excitement for convention! #LearnActLead
Our Action Teams will share their accomplishments: (Introduction of New Action Team Leaders)
- Education Action Team
- Environment Action Team
- Gun Violence Action team
- Health Care Action Team
- Membership Team
- Redistricting/Fair Elections Team
- Violence Against Women Team
- Voter Protection Services Team
The members will vote on the following:
The League of Women Voters of Wake County has asked ODC Leaguers to assist them in voter registration of new citizens at the naturalization ceremony held every Friday at 10 am and a second one at 2 pm. The USCIS facility is on the edge of the Wake-Durham County lines off of Miami Blvd. at 301 Roycroft Drive, Durham, NC 27703. Packages with voter registration forms are provided by USCIS. Volunteers assist new citizens in completing the forms and collecting them. Betty Ellerbee from LWV-Wake will have a Wake Leaguer assist in the afternoon session to collect the forms and return them to the NC Board of Elections in Raleigh within the period as required by law. Please respond by email to Brenda Rogers at Brenda.email@example.com or by telephone at 919-968-0833.
The LWVODC Membership Directory is for member use ONLY.
The LWVODC Membership Interest Survey is for member use ONLY.
LWVODC sound system and microphone, LWV banner. Contact Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a sound system for your League meeting
1. A Brief Guide to NC Courts
2. LWV Join Now The logo can only be used on official LWV documentations.
3. LWVODC 101: Power Point presentation to new members.
4. LWV Logo
5. Membership Handbook
6. League of Women Voters Education Fund Clearinghouse contains studies and research conducted by League members. Visitors may download and print the documents. League members may submit documents for this site
Voter Service Information
1. LWV Guide for Candidate Forums:FACE to FACE - Face to Face: A Guide to Candidate Debates answers all the questions about debate sponsorship in detail.
2. LWVODC Candidates Forum Agreement: Rules and Format, updated Sept. 2012
3. Candidates Forum Sample Materials:
- Invitation letter to candidate - Follow up letter to candidate- Forum flyer
4. Sample Candidate Letters and Candidate Questions from 2009 Chapel Hill Voters' Guide 5. Guidelines for Registering Voters slideshow. Note: The slide referencing voter requirements is no longer correct due to the US Supreme Court's support for the Fourth Circuit Ruling. See information about Statement regarding Fourth Circuit Ruling